| Welcome To Manchester United Nepal | The Blog is Dedicated to all the MUFC Fans. We provide you here Latest New, Updates, Rumours and more on MUFC. Enjoy! |

Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beckham: I Owe Sir Alex A Lot


LA Galaxy star David Beckham admitted playing against his former club Manchester United was difficult.

Beckham spent 10 years at Old Trafford for Manchester United and had important role on Sir Alex Ferguson's 1999 Champions League winning squad, before leaving England to play for Real Madrid, AC Milan and now Los Angeles.

Beckham played for United's yesterdays opponent, US side MLS All Stars which got beaten 4-0 by United in a friendly played at famous Redbull Arena, it the first time he has played against his former side.

"It's always going to be emotional coming up against Manchester United," Beckham said. "It's always difficult as well."

"So obviously to play against Manchester United still with Sir Alex Ferguson as manager, still with some of the players that I played with and the fans I played in front of for many years - it's emotional."

Beckham also was specially thankful for Sir Alex, the man who was influential over his early years of his career.

"I had many years and many successful years playing for Manchester United and playing under Sir Alex Ferguson," he said.

"I wouldn't be in the position I am today if it wasn't for him because he gave me a chance when I was 16, 17-years-old and he had the faith to give youngsters a chance so I owe him a lot."

"He was a father figure to me for many years."

5 comments:

This is not the first time he has played against Man United. He played against United while he was on loan at AC milan couple years ago in the Champions League.

Ya dis is nt the 1st tim. Evry1 knos dat

hey beckham iz so cute yaar
he playz very gud

Post a Comment

 
SEO Tools by MessageForce 000directory