| Welcome To Manchester United Nepal | The Blog is Dedicated to all the MUFC Fans. We provide you here Latest New, Updates, Rumours and more on MUFC. Enjoy! |


Sunday, January 8, 2012

Manchester City 2 - 3 Manchester United

Wayne Rooney, United's talisman, scored twice as Manchester United were victorious on the FA cup derby, Third Round, at the Etihad Stadium, which was a great game of football that saw City's Vincent Company sent off early in the game.

The Red Devils had a reorganized defense where Rio ferdinand was partnered by Chris Smalling in central defence while Phil Jones was moved to Right Back. Meanwhile, Patrice Evra was at Left Back. Paul Scholes was on the bench after he made a sensational return from retirement as per the request of his Manager. Rooney and Welbeck started up front while Veteran midfielder Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick handled the Central Midfield with Nani and Valencia on the wings.

For Man City, Costel Pantilimon was at goal in the place of the injured Joe Hart. Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko missed out while Gareth Barry served a one match ban while both Yaya and Kolo Toure reported for international duty.

In the 10th minute, United took the lead with an excellent header from Rooney. Antonio Valencia delievered a cross for Rooney who powered home a superb header off the underside of the bar. City were given a big blow as Vincent Company was sent off for a challenge on Luis Nani. After 30 minutes of play, United extended their lead to 2-0 with a brilliant volley from Welbeck, his seventh of the season. Things got worse for city as they conceded a penalty six minutes before half time when Kolarov brought down Welbeck. Costel Pantiliman saved Rooney's spot-kick but couldn't deny the united's talisman from scoring a header afterwards making the save.

At one stage, it seemed United were on course to thrash their opponents by a exact way they were beaten earlier in the season. But, City pulled a surprising fight back from 10 men as they scored 2 goals in second half. Evra was booked for fouling Richards outside the area and Kolarov scored a bending free kick past Lindegaard. Just after an hour, Scholes came off the bench to make 677th appearance as he replaced Nani. City got their second after 65 minutes when Aguero's initial shot was spilled by Lindegaard but the striker pounced to score. Scholes almost scored with his trade mark long range shot after 71 minutes but Pantilimon saved comfortably. City brought on former United midfielder Owen Hargreaves as they pressed for the equalizer. Kolarov tested Lindegaard with a free kick in injury time but the united defense held firm and did enough to keep the score as it was, in their favour.

As the final whistle blew, Man United knocked out the holders on their own patch to progress to the fourth round of the FA Cup.

The sparkling first half performance was enough for Man United to triumph over their noisy neighbors.

The victory and the return of Paul Scholes will certainly act as a morale booster in the upcoming games for the red devils after losing two matches in a row which many believe they should have done better. Manchester United have always proven they are the real kings of football in the world as they always respond to any failures. And today, this case was no different.

These are the happy times at the red side of Manchester and Misery for the blue side.

Glory Glory Manchester United............................................


Post a Comment

SEO Tools by MessageForce 000directory